Big Handsome Men | BHM | Ray

Big Beauties | BBW | andrea

Fat Admirers | FA | Mike

Big Beauties | BBW | katrina

Big Handsome Men | BHM | Omar

Big Beauties | BBW | Kat

Big People UK
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Bio Pancreatic Surgery (Gastric By pass) (1 viewing) (1) Guests
General
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Bio Pancreatic Surgery (Gastric By pass)
Not so Slim Jim (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Bio Pancreatic Surgery (Gastric By pass) 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
For the last few years I have been really ill with one thing or another (BIG AWWWWWS) however about 2 years ago I was told I had 2 to 3 years at the most to live if I did not Have Surgery (the Bypass) infact they cut my stomach away cos it wasn't needed. That was on Jan 28th This year I weighed in at 25st 10lbs with diabettes, glaucoma, high bloods etc you know the works. Anyhow I had the operation and all went really well so far I've lost about 8st7lbs. am I pleased???? To royal I am. I've thought it out an I'll bet any of you I'll be the fittest corpse in the graveyard!!

NO beer! No smoking No fatty foods, Fish and Chips are gone, no pies no pasties no cakes no biscuits no real butter. No Chinese or Indian meals. Infact nothing fired as such except the odd egg. The main ingrednts of my meals are all high protein I have to take vitiam tablets 2 twice daily along with the usual assortment. If I go out for a night 'pleasure' I'm sat drinking Orange, soda water with ice. I gotta be honest try as I might I cannot get tipsy on it!! only thing I get is an urgency to use the loo.
It is true the bypass have cured my diabettes I'll admit that, however the damage the diabettes has done to my feet and legs is irreversable so I still struggle to walk but my blood sugars are normal.
One other little moan about the op it leaves you with very little defence against illness i.e Stopmach bugs etc I just spent 10 days in hospital with renal failure and dehydration. because of contract MRSA after the op it leaves you weak, so greater chance of becoming ill. All good fun tho
True I can now buy clothes 'off the peg' but I know when I was bigger I felt better in myself.
So before some of you are tempted to go under the knife I'd really think about the pros and cons.
Besides girls my beloved of over 30 years is a 16-18 dress size I argue with her if she mentions the 'D' word. Most men will glady tell you they need something to cuddle into on a cold night, A bag of bones really doesn't feel too good trust me (tales from my lurid past LOL)
If your big and healthy stay that way all this 'gastric by pass' senario is fine if there is a serious danger to life. but truthfully to you all if it was just cosmetic I'd leave well alone.

My first post so I'll be one of the first to wish you all a very & jolly Happy Christmas.
Nadolig Llawen Blwddyn Newydd da e pawb

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Kismetkiss (Moderator)
Nutty Wacky & A little Bit Batty ;o)
graphgraph
Re:Bio Pancreatic Surgery (Gastric By pass) 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1  
just to say what a great post, sorry u have had to go through so much, and ty for sharing it with us all ( big hugsssss) please make sure u pop into the chat room kas

Jo BPUK (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Gender: Female Big People UK theempressjo cloud_away@hotmail.com Location: London
Re:Bio Pancreatic Surgery (Gastric By pass) 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 4  
Hi Jim

Thanks for sharing your story and describing your experiences.

Although bariatric surgery does benefit some it can have its pitfalls. I think people who do opt for this option are brave, especially when they are given the information of possible side effects.

Thanks again for sharing.

Jo

Go to top Post Reply