Big Beauties | BBW | Marie

Big Beauties | BBW | Cazza

Big Beauties | BBW | Sharon

Big Handsome Men | BHM | Lee

Fat Admirers | FA | Kayboi

Big Beauties | BBW | wabuthu

Big People UK
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Ryanairs proposal to charge fat people more. (1 viewing) (1) Guests
Got a Moan?
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 10
TOPIC: Re:Ryanairs proposal to charge fat people more.
Richard (Admin)
Hello All
Admin
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Richard_Gatto Gattos Location: Office chair Birthdate: 1700-01-01
Re:Ryanairs proposal to charge fat people more. 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
idrinkpaint you were obviously a bit annoyed by your recent experience. However I would suggest the airline is at fault for having small seats. As a tall person I find most plane seats uncomfortable

Obviously the business model works otherwise the airlines would change it. The mention of charging more for heavier people is just a money spinner really - nothing much to do with the extra fuel. Using your theory all transport should include a surcharge for fatter people and we can all imagine the chaos that would cause on the bus, train and tube systems.

As you say:

..constitute only approx between 5-10% of its take-off weight), and that the statistical standard deviation of weight for the populous isn't really that dramatic..

so its not really such a big deal is it?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Progress Through Tenacity
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
idrinkpaint (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Ryanairs proposal to charge fat people more. 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
It's not a theory. It's a scientific fact. Refering you to Newtonian Physics:

E = 0.5 M * V ^ 2

Where E is Energy (i.e. Fuel Burn), M is Mass (or a passenger's "weight") and V is the Velocity or ("speed") that the aircraft needs to maintain to stay in the air. As one can see from this, the heavier a passenger is the more fuel the aircraft will burn. Q.E.D.

As for the "I would suggest the airline is at fault for having small seats", well I would suggest that is just a silly thing to say. Most people fit into those seats. Are you suggesting that the airlines should make seats bigger just to cater for the few people whose waist size are 2 or 3 standard deviations above the average? This would mean that less paying passengers would fit on the aircraft and ticket prices would rocket up - making airline travel prohibitively expensive. Is it really fair for the majority to suffer in this way just to subsidise the minority? I don't think so.

And yes I would apply the same argument to train or bus travel. And aside from the issue of obese passengers spilling over into another person's space, no I don't think it's a big deal but I people tend to argue against such proposals without knowing the facts.

Last Edit: 2011/04/16 16:22 By idrinkpaint.
Richard (Admin)
Hello All
Admin
graph
As for the "I would suggest the airline is at fault for having small seats", well I would suggest that is just a silly thing to say. Most people fit into those seats. Are you suggesting that the airlines should make seats bigger just to cater for the few people whose waist size are 2 or 3 standard deviations above the average?

Well obviously it is not silly as it is the very thing you are complaining about! Yes I do think they should make bigger seats or maybe using "science" they should work out the percentage of seats they might need to be slightly bigger and change the seating accordingly.

idrinkpaint (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Ryanairs proposal to charge fat people more. 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
But there are already bigger seats available in Upper Class and Premium Economy on premium airlines such as BA. If you can't fit into the economy seats of budget airlines such as Ryanair due to your excessive life_style_ and bad personal choices you have no business using them. Stomp up the extra cash yourself and stop suggesting that people that look after themselves should give up cheap air travel just to subsidise your irresponsible selfish fat arses.

Richard (Admin)
Hello All
Admin
graph
Re:Ryanairs proposal to charge fat people more. 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
idrinkpaint. Nice to see a reasoned entry in the forum. Luckily the irresponsible selfish fat arses are not just talking about the width issue, but also the height issue problems with many airline seats. The site is about size acceptance - be it width or height.

Go to top Post Reply